Followers

Translate

Saturday, 11 October 2014

It's Snowing !!!!!!!!!

Afternoon everyone, thanks for checking out my blog.

Well, another week has flown by....not sure why I seem to be so busy but some projects take a little while to complete.

Yesterday I went to Ally Pally for the "Stitching & Knitting Show". There were so many stalls with fabric on this year, more so than in previous years. The prices varied considerably between stalls and loads of "Fat quarter bundles". I have to say I was extremely well behaved and didn't buy any fabric - although I was looking for some to make a dog coat.

I did buy a couple of things though, a fabric bauble kit and a bead angel kit. I will show these just as soon as I have made them.

Onto todays offering.

I bought these MDF words a few weeks ago from the "MDF MAN" at Ally Pally.
 I printed off an image from google of a snowman and applied them to each letter using "glue and seal" from rangerink.com. Once dried I used a emery board to make a neater seal around each letter.
 I have used textured paste from "Daler-Rowan" to add "snow" to each letter as well as adding glittery dots using a quickie glue pen doted onto the word and then sprinkled with extra fine glitter.
 On the "N & W" I have also added white snowflakes using a die from Robert Addams, and adding a small blue gem in the centre.
On the "O" when I added the paper, the snowman was virtually gone so I printed off a smaller image and stuck acetate over the top by using double sided sheets. I then have hung this in the gap of the "O" using silver ribbon.

The letters are joined together by using jewellery wire with blue, aqua and clear beads. I have also wrapped a thinner blue wire around the beads and to keep them in place once through the letters, I have curled the wire into a coil.

On the back of each letter I used a silver "Buff-it paste" from Pinflair. Once dried I mixed some of the textured paste with a very small amount of blue acrylic paint and using a mesh stencil pasted over the entire word to look like rows of dots.
On the edges of each word I have used a black permanent marker to give a clean finish.

Thanks for stopping by.....see you again soon. xx

4 comments:

  1. Wow! Janice this is stunning. I would so love to have something like this hanging up at Christmas. You make it sound so easy to do but I bet it wasn't lol! Beautiful use of beads too. Loving the whole creation. You are such a talented Lady.

    Thank you for your lovely comment on my post.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Janice
    Wow, would love this hanging in my living room at Christmas, its really terrific! I have an MDF Man butterfly and heart I really should do something with but have a feeling I may be buying letters now at the NEC.
    Best wishes.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  3. great project ,love the letters ,getting me in the mood for Christmas .Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  4. You gave me a shock when I saw the title!! What a super project, this will be on display for many years I am sure. Best wishes Jackie x

    ReplyDelete