Followers

Translate

Thursday, 6 November 2014

A birthday card for a little girl who is just like her Mum !!

 I have made this birthday card for my friend's granddaughter who will be the ripe old age of 11 on Sunday. She is very like her mum, in that she knows her own mind and wont wear "just anything"  LOL !! 
 When I bought the LOTV toppers a while back and was flicking through and looking at all the images, I knew this one would be perfect for her.
I used a Spellbinders die for the topper. The shoes are from Robert Addams Dies and the parasol is from Marianne Designs. The mannequin is from Spellbinders that I have added a bought topper dress.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful card janice, love the image.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Janice, just read your comment and thank you. I always use versamark ink pad for embossing powder but have never got gilding flakes to work with it. Have you tried the flitter glue? You put that on but let it go tacky, basically it turns a shade of Blue then it is ready to gild, I have not tried it on stamps as yet so sorry cannot tell you whether that works, I always find double sided adhesive works best for gilding flakes but of course that does not help with stamps lol! Sorry not been much help but I will have to try it later and get back to you.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Janice
    What a real girlie card. Just spot on for an 11 year old.
    Sorry to stick my ten penneth in but with stamps and gilding, I tend to use Ranger sticky embossing powder.
    You stamp with Versamark (which gilding flakes will not stick to) then sprinkle with sticky embossing powder and heat set as you would do with normal EP.
    The difference with SEP is it heat sets tacky so you can then dust mica over it or you can stick gilding flakes to it.
    Ally Reeves' Mica Boss works exactly the same way.
    Hope that helps.
    Have a great weekend.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete