Followers

Translate

Saturday, 1 November 2014

Red & White Christmas Bauble covered in Material.

Good Morning....it's the start of the weekend. Hope you are all fit and well today.

Today is back to a Christmas Theme......it's getting closer and closer !!!

This maybe something old to most of you crafters, but I had never done it before....it does, I believe, have a technical name for it, but I don't know what it is so I will just explain what I did.

It is a polystyrene ball. I drew lines on it to divide into 8 sections. Then using a craft knife I cut along the lines (quite deeply) to create a groove. Then I got a piece of material and poked it into the cut grove until it was in securely. I trimmed the edges before moving onto the next piece and repeated. Once all 8 sections done I added a string of pearls into the groves using glue and pins to hold into place. I added the ribbon and poinsettia flower across the middle and added some ribbon on the top to hang it up with.

It is quite easy to do and looks effective. Another thing to hang on the Christmas tree......it will be groaning under the weight with all the things I keep making to put on it. Will have to remember to take a photo of the tree to show all the things.


On a different note, tomorrow is the "Sincerely Yours" craft show at Tonbridge. This is a new venue as it used to be held at Biggin Hill. I will be going so if you are there and you see me say hello.

Have a good day and thanks for stopping by. x

4 comments:

  1. Morning Jan,

    Wonderful creation, this will look lovely on the tree and sounds so easy to make.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Janice,

    My e-mail address is jacobsjacquie@gmail.com

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Janice
    Fabulous bauble and you haven't had to glue it? Coo.
    Would love to see how fantastic your tree is going to be. My shop bought baubles will be looking very inadequate this year lol!
    Enjoy the show tomorrow. Pity you can't make the NEC.
    Best wishes.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Janice your bauble is beautiful. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete