Followers

Translate

Sunday, 14 December 2014

Christmas Cake iced !!


Good Morning everyone, hope you are all healthy, wealthy & wise !!!
 
Here is my Christmas cake iced..... I don't really have a style as I like to put everything on the cake, so a little OTT !!!!
 
 
I made a boo boo with the holly leaves as I discovered I didn't have any green gel food colouring only lime green. I tried adding a little blue to the icing to see if it would darken down a bit, no it wasn't having it - so my holly leaves are pale green LOL !!.
 
 
I might see if during this coming week I can buy some dark green gel food colouring and then I will paint over them.

 I recently bought a set of 3 snowflake cookie cutters, so I decided to imprint the smallest snowflake around the edge of the cake and then the 2 largest ones onto the top of the cake.  I have added silver balls inside the centre of each snowflake.
A closer look at the edge of the cake.

I might be a little early doing this, but the cake has so much brandy in each - i'm sure it would still be edible next Christmas !!! hiccup !!


Have a great day, and thanks for stopping by. x

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful Janice, I have always done a novelty Christmas cake but this year I have not done one as my daughter does not want one this year, she has to have gluten free so I have always made it. This will be out first year without a Christmas cake gosh!!!

    Love the leaves as they are they go with the docor of the cake, just beautiful.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Janice
    No homemade cake in his house this year either as our oven went on the blink then I didnt have time.
    Hey, if you can't go over the top at Christmas, when can you? Bet it tastes as great as it looks.
    Best wishes.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete