Followers

Translate

Wednesday, 17 December 2014

My Faithful Plant !

Good morning to all my crafting friends today, hope you are all well.

Todays offering isn't a craft project, but instead I thought I would share with you my cactus plant.

I have had this plant at least 12 years, as far as I can remember, it may even be more.

It sits in my conservatory all year round, gets heat exhaustion in the summer and frost bite in the winter. It gets watered occasionally (when I remember), it is very neglected - yet every year, bless it's heart, it produces flowers for me.

As you can see from the photo the front of the plant looks like it's on it's last legs, yet the back of the plant has new growth.

How wonderful nature is, that in spite of everything thrown at it, it survives...... Maybe we humans should take a leaf (excuse the pun) out of it's book and just get on with living and flower !!!!

End of the sermon......enjoy your day. xxx

2 comments:

  1. Hi Janice
    My friend has one of these and it always looks beautiful this time of year. She inherited it from an elderly neighbour and its about 30 years old.
    I'm trying to flower but after the couple of weeks I've had, I think my blooms are withering lol!
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete