Followers

Translate

Friday, 12 December 2014

PINE CONE BOWL


 Good Morning everyone. Only 13 days left till Christmas......hope you're on track to getting everything done.

Some time ago I saw in a magazine a pine cone bowl for sale. It was about £30.00, which I thought was a tad too expensive. So I decided to send the husband out to collect me some pine cones whilst he was walking the dog. He brought me back 3 !!!!! not exactly enough to make a bowl. LOL !!
 
 
So whilst out looking in a garden centre, the other day, I picked up a couple of bags of cones (That are scented with Christmas scents ....mulled wine, nutmeg etc).
 
So I've had a go at making a bowl myself. I used a glue gun to stick the pine cones together....not really that strong enough, but hubby has suggested coating the inside of the bowl with P.V.A glue......so I will let him to that later. I tried to get the inside of the bowl with all the pine cones facing outwards.

 
 
 
I then bought a set of battery operated lights that I have poked through the gaps of the bowl. I thought they would be safer than lights that are plugged in.
 


 I then bought a poinsettia plant at the local market for £5.00.

Really pleased with the results. The bowl is now in my conservatory which is quite warm.

Have a good day and enjoy the weekend coming up....the shops will be manic, so I'm not going anywhere near them. I'm going to lunch on Saturday with 2 of my oldest friends. (have known them for 46 years). So it will be a good day to catch up with each others news. See you again soon and thanks for dropping by. xx




3 comments:

  1. Fabulous creation Janice, love it, I used to collect Pine cones in May when they fall from the trees, used to smell lovely then. Great idea and thank you for all the inspiration you have given us this year.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. One talentd lady, love it. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Janice
    This looks fab! What a terrific focal point in your conservatory. Just shows you don't need to spend £30 to get a great centrepiece.
    Best wishes.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete