Followers

Translate

Saturday, 24 January 2015

Not everything in life is a success - first time !!!!!


Afternoon all, well I think I better explain the title of this blog - sounds very "deep" but I'm talking about crafting LOL !!

I mentioned in my blog a while ago that I was making a bead bauble decoration. It has taken several hours to make the components before assembling together..... when I started to put together I realised that I was about 40 small beads short, so I couldn't complete the project. So I threw the thing to one side and started on something else, which so far, is going well.


The bauble thing that I attempted is from this book and is the peacock looking purple one on the front cover.


Having calmed down I will undo and do some adjustments so that I can complete the project later, but at the moment I will concentrate on other projects that are a success.

 This owl is from "Womans Weekly- knitting and crochet magazine". I seem to be getting into crochet a lot lately, having done a smaller owl that I have shown already. This owl is quite large and in the magazine it's ears were in crochet, but I didn't like them so I have done tassels like the smaller owl.
 

Here is all three owls that I have done, 2 crochet and I knitted.


On to my next beaded project and this is another Christmas bauble hanging decoration. So far it's going well.


 
 
I have had to make 4 of these, they are made using "twin beads". They were relatively easy to make - just needed to concentrate LOL!! 

 A close up of one - these would also look good on a card.

Well, that's todays blog done. Thanks for stopping by and if you would like to leave a comment please do. x

3 comments:

  1. Oh Jan the owl is so cute, I really wish I could follow a crochet pattern but it eludes me, I can do squares and blankets but patterns flumox me.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Janice
    A fabulous trio of owls.
    The beading also looks fab . . . . .would be great for jewellery too.
    Best wishes.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant creations Janice, don't give up on the bauble as I know you can do it, the Owls look fabulous and those beaded decorations look amazing, they would look fantastic on a card.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete