Followers

Translate

Friday, 2 January 2015

Peacock Feather Card.

Here is a peacock stitched card that I have made for my friends birthday this month. I got the image of the peacock from the internet for my background paper. The stitched part has been layered onto 2 circles of blue & jade card. I have added a real peacock feather and put the wording "happy birthday" and a ribbon on the end of the feather - that also looks like its around the peacock image.
 
 
 A close-up of the stitching and the peacock feather. I have added a turquoise gem onto the stitching piece, as the head.





3 comments:

  1. WOW! This is stunning Jan, love Peacocks and the colours. Its amazing what you can do with these stitched cards, a piece of art in their own right.

    Have a Happy New Year
    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card, it's very creative, well done. Brilliant idea using the feather and the background paper, really shows your lovely stitching up. Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Janice
    I must confess, I'm not a fan of feathers (make me feel itchy thinking of them) which is strange for a Mrs Duck, I know lol!, but I absolutely adore your stitched peacock. Looks fab!
    Best wishes.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete