Followers

Translate

Friday, 27 February 2015

2 Embossing Folder Techniques...

 Hello everyone, welcome to my blog..... 

It's Friday again, another week flown by for me...how about you?

Today's card shows two embossing folder techniques. 

The first one is named by Sue Wilson:- she calls it grouting !!. I was watching c&c the other day whilst she was on and she showed this technique. 
First run a piece of card in an embossing folder through your cutting machine. Then, using a paste, smear the paste across the card - it should stay in the de-bossed parts - wipe the excess off. Once dry the de-bossed card should shine through. I have done this technique on the black piece of card using a glitter frosting paste from "Glitzcraft.co.uk". I had to wipe the piece of card over several times with a tissue to get the black card to show through but i quite like the look of it.

The second technique is to ink the embossing folder before putting the piece of card in and running through your machine. This time the ink is on the embossed part of the card - so opposite to the piece above. I have done this on the white card below.



Two good techniques that add something else to your card making. My son should be coming home tomorrow as it's his birthday....as he stays in my craftroom, my blogs might be a bit scarce next week, but i will try and schedule some.
Have a great weekend and enjoy crafting !! x

4 comments:

  1. Looking good Jan, fab design, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jan, sorry I've been missing again still sorting and sorting from the move. Very effective to use two techniques with the same folder on one card. personally I'm not sure about doing the "grouting" too messy for me!! Have a good week with your son, best wishes Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jan,

    Fabulous card, i too saw Sue do this technique on C&C but I have no paste as yet to have a go. Great effect though.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Janice
    I'm like Jackie and don't do messy crafting (not intentionally anyway hahaha!) but it does look very effective.
    Enjoy your visit from your son.
    Best wishes.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete