Followers

Translate

Sunday, 8 February 2015

A Mother's Day card done already !!!!



 Good Morning all, well this card didn't start life with the intention of becoming a mother's day card. I had the pattern for the beaded and stitched part, which I decided to do in pale pink. Next I played with different ideas for the central part. I was going to put a flower here, but then changed my mind and did the stitched rose instead. I used watercolour pencils to add some shading on the rose.
 
Once I had layered the sections up and added the background paper it popped into my head that it would be lovely for my mum for Mother's day. So I added the wording and voila !!! a Mother's day card completed a month early !!!!!
 





 The only trouble with doing a card in pastel shades is how to photograph it.....I took photos in various places but couldn't seem to get the colour to show through, eventually I choose these ones which were done right by the window - which I initially thought would be too bright. You can just about make out the colours.

Enjoy your day, keep warm and enjoy crafting......I know I do xxxx

3 comments:

  1. WOW! Jan this is fabulous, love all the stitching. You are so clever. Your Mom is going to love this and hopefully keep it for years to come.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks lovely Janice and I can see the colour coming through. I have made one of my Mothers day cards and will get round to the other one this week probably, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Janice
    You know I love your stitched cards and this is no exception. Its terrific.
    Its sadly a card I miss sending every year.
    Have a great week.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete