Followers

Translate

Wednesday, 18 February 2015

Back to Beaded and Art Deco !!!

Good Morning one and all. Hope the day finds you well and happy. 

Spring is just around the corner and having the sun shine makes me feel happier. When i took Rolo out for his walk yesterday i was amazed that the snowdrops and Crocus flowers are all in flower in gardens now. I love to look into people's gardens as i walk around and see the year unfold in plant life. Spring is my favourite season, as it gives hope that we will have a lovely summer.

Today's card is back to beading and art deco - both seem to go together so well.
I did the beading on black card (for a change) and it seem to cry out "art deco" to me......luckily I have loads of toppers that are art deco so it wasn't a problem deciding on what to use. I have layered the topper and beaded section onto pale green mirri card. I added some glitter onto the topper using a quickie glue pen over her feathers and on her dress. I have used a corner punch on all layers, just to add to the art deco theme.
The background paper I have had for years, but didn't want to use it as I liked it too much!! - how silly is that ? - I have decided that I am not going to buy any more paper pads and toppers until I have used all my stash....it's no good keep looking and stroking the papers - you have to use them !!!!!!





 A close-up of the beading and stitched piece, as well as the topper.

Have a great day and see you again soon. x

3 comments:

  1. Stunning Jan, I love the beads and will have to try this, I have so many tiny beads Ineed to use. Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning work Janice, love the beading and yes so Art Deco. The whole card is fabulous. The backing papers match up very nicely, I know what you mean with old stash I have draws full, some I don't even know whats there, I must start using these up lol!

    Have a great day

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie j xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Janice
    Gorgeous card. Love the beading.
    Hope your feeling better after your "run".
    As for papers, your talking to a gal with 35 First Edition pads hahaha, otherwise known as SABLE (Stash Acquired Beyond Life Expectancy lol!)
    Have a great weekend.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete