Followers

Translate

Monday, 23 February 2015

Mexican Tile Card.....with beads !!!!


Good Morning All. This is a card that just evolved and I'm really pleased with the result. 

I started with the bead and stitching part. Royal blue and aqua beads are a great combination. Once that was done I was searching through my stash for a suitable topper. Couldn't find one, but I had just bought "Cardmaking & Papercraft" magazine as there were some Spellbinders free stamps - garden collection. I chose the largest one which is of a dragonfly - which is perfect as the colours of a dragonfly are normally an electric blue or green colour. 
I wasn't brave enough to stamp directly onto my stitched piece, so i stamped onto white card and using promarkers in blue and pale green shades coloured the image in. I then used Glamour dust on the wings.
Next I had to decided whether to put it directly onto the stitched card or onto another layer first. I decided on the latter. I have a spellbinders "scalloped circle die" so I used this on aqua mirri card. Once i had cut it out I realised it was just a fraction too big. I then used a plain circle die on it and cut it again. It gave an interesting design that worked well with the stitching.
Then to cut out the stamped image. I didn't have a circle die the right size so i decided to cut the image out as it was. 



 Once I had done that it was time to matt and layer. This was straightforward, one layer blue & one layer aqua. I looked at the stitched part again and thought there is too much white card showing - it needs a corner embellishment. I looked through my dies - no corner dies suitable. Then I found the Cheery Lynn Mexican tile die. Great I thought i would cut it out in blue and then chop off each corner to use instead. Perfect !!!!
Next - background - no suitable papers - So had a brainwave (doesn't happen too often so have to run with it LOL !!). I will cut out the middle section of the Mexican tile die in blue and aqua and lay it down as tiles for my background paper. I cut 6 blue and 6 aqua. Laid it out - but then decided to have the corners in aqua and the middles in blue. I stuck the aqua ones down onto my base card and then inspiration struck again !!! (Twice in one afternoon LOL !!) I would off-set the blue ones.....hey presto a card is born.

Hope you agree that this card worked out well. 

Enjoy your Sunday Roast dinner...beef for me today. x

3 comments:

  1. Love the bead stitches on this one Jan, great design throughout, just lovely, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did comment once but not sure where it went lol! Stunning card Janice, love the tile stamp and dragonfly stamp. Great design. Shame the Aqua colour looks Grey on my PC but still a beautiful card.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Arriba arriba andale!
    Love your Mexican tile. Like Jacquie, I'm getting a silverery grey rather than aqua but its still absolutely stunning.
    Best wishes.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete