Followers

Translate

Wednesday, 25 March 2015

A Small Beaded Bell

 Morning to you all, thanks for stopping by today. I hope you liked my beaded flower from yesterday.

Following on in the same theme, here is a small beaded bell that I have made (kit from "thread a bead").

Unlike yesterday, this was made using wire and seed beads. I am still a novice when it comes to making things using wire, as I seem to get kinks in the wire, which make it really difficult to thread through beads.

This bell was made in 2 halves. The first half was done my threading rows of beads in a line and then twisting the wire at the end of each row to enable you to go up and do the row above. Once complete you created the second half by threading your wire through the sides and then doing a row to match the first half, again twisting the wires at the sides.  As I completed the second half, my wire was in a right old mess and would lay right. So the photo above is the front view......
 ....and this photo is the back half. As you can see it doesn't lay as neatly.


A few from underneath to show the little gold bell.

This is only about 2 inches high, so you need patience and small fingers (preferably) to make this LOL !!!!!


Have a good day and see you again soon. x

4 comments:

  1. Morning Jan,

    WOW! Stunning piece of work there, you must have the patience of a saint and there may be a slight gap but not much of one so don't be so hard on yourself. It is beautiful, a few of these would look lovely on a Christmas tree, you could easily sell these if you fancied making any more lol! Well done.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you have done a grand job Jan, xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Janice
    Wire is a fiddly piece of kit so I think you've done very well. These will look fab on a Christmas tree.
    Best wishes.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning Jan what an intricate project, you have more patience than me I think! Best wishes Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete