Followers

Translate

Sunday, 15 March 2015

A Small Gift Box for Mother's Day


Happy Mother's Day to all mums and grandmothers today.

Today is a day of mixed emotions. The joy of being a mum and seeing my 2 boys is wonderful and I feel truly blessed. The sadness is that my ex-mother-in-law died yesterday after a short spell in hospital. She died peacefully and was unaware of her surroundings.

When the death of someone close happens it does make you cherish the people who are close to you and still with you.


On that note, here is a small gift box that I have made for my own mum.
 It has a gift tag inserted into the lid, which when pulled out reveals the inside of the box through the acetate.
 It was featured in Docrafts magazine recently and was easy to make. I have bought her a small personal gift to go inside along with some chocolates.
Love to all mums out there today. x

4 comments:

  1. So gorgeous Jan, so sorry about your MIL. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely gift for your mum Jan but my condolences for your mother in law, Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jan,

    So sorry to hear of your loss, I know you were still close to your MIL. I am thinking of you and your family.

    Stunning creation of your box, love the idea of the tag pulling out to reveal what's inside. I bet your Mother loved it?

    Lots of Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Janice
    So sorry to hear about your bereavement. It does make you cherish those dear to you.
    Your Mum will have felt very cherished with that beautiful box. Its fab.
    Best wishes.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete