Followers

Translate

Wednesday, 18 March 2015

Art Deco reversed die card.


Good Morning all, no sad news to report today - hooray !!!!

Todays card is Art Deco - for those of you who follow my blog regularly, you will know that I love Art Deco, so when a set of 9 dies by Tonic was on c&c I couldn't resist !!!

I have used just one of the corner dies from the set - however, my problem was , that the die pattern wasn't symmetrical. I therefore had to cut 2 dies the normal way (face down onto the front of my chosen cardstock) then cut 2 in reverse (face down onto the back of my chosen cardstock). This gave me 4 corners that matched. Now normally when you cut a die out onto the back of your cardstock you can tell the difference from the normal way - you get a raised edge where it has been cut out - so I put it through the GC but used the tan mat and pink board with the base plate (without the die) just the cut out piece of card and it made it edges go down so that it looked like the normal piece of cardstock cut-out .......Hope that makes sense LOL !!!!
 The image is from Hunkydory. I have matted and layered onto pale green mirri card and black card. I have added 2 black oval black beads in the top corners.
 
Luckily I found that I had a happy birthday stamp from Anna-Marie Designs that was very Art Deco, so I stamped onto the pale green mirri card and added a sparkly gem and a black flower.
 
No too large a card this is only 7 x 7.

Have a wonderful day and see you again soon. x

4 comments:

  1. Morning Jan,

    Wow! Fabulous card today, yes I love Art Deco too, and Art Nouveau & Celtic that's why I bought the bundle lol! I bought it with my birthday money, sadly not had time to play with it yet.
    I love your design and thank you for the info on how to cut the corners so they match.

    Have a great day

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks gorgeous and classy, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Janice
    Very decolicious! Will have to try the running the card through without the die when trying to reverse a die cut.
    Best wishes.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Janice, how frustrating not to have the reverse die, perhaps you should send a comment to Tonic for their feedback. How you worked out what to do is nothing short of amazing and the card you have created is really nice, best wishes Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete