Followers

Translate

Thursday, 19 March 2015

Crochet Top


Good Afternoon all, little bit late doing a post this morning.....don't know where the time flies to some days !!!



This is the first crochet garment that I have made. I am really only a beginner at crochet, being self taught, so after having made toys and cushions I thought I would try and be a little more adventurous and make something for myself.

I chose a simple pattern and shaped top with not much shaping involved. The pattern is just dc and tr.

This pattern was in "The People's Friend" magazine from some time ago.
 The original pattern had more rows of the open mesh, (stopping just under the bust)  but I decided to only have a small part like that. I will probably wear a vest top underneath anyway - unless really hot.

It does sit flat across the neck part, but due to the way I had to hold the camera to take a photo of myself, it looks a little bunched up.


A closer look at the bottom part.

For my first attempt, I am pleased with the result. I do have a pattern for a cardigan/jacket that looks good, so I might have a go at something more complicated next......watch this space !!

Have a good rest of the day....very overcast and dull here in Kent today, hope it's sunnier where you are. x

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jan,

    WOW! B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L! Well done gal! Lovely piece of crochet you should be well proud of yourself. Love the colour too.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fab Janice, so clever, I,m still doing baby blankets and shawls, one coming soon on blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Janice
    Wowsers! This is stunning! I would defo have a cami or vest underneath or I would be scaring the neighbours lol! I'm imagining one with some of your beady bits on.
    Marvellous!
    Best wishes.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete