Followers

Translate

Saturday, 11 April 2015

Book Folding....1st attempt.

 Afternoon all. Here is something new that I've attempted. Book Folding. I looked on line and got a free pattern of a single heart.
It was very easy to do, just mark each page as the pattern states (2 measurements) then fold each side of the page where you have marked.
As my book had enough pages in, I did the heart three times then inked over the heart with a red ink pad.
 I covered the back and inside cover with red card and paper, and removed any pages left in the book.
I've added 2 small hearts punched out of red card.


There are lots of patterns -many words- that you can buy on line and it's a good way to re-cycle a book. My husband always reads in the bath and so ruins the books. This way I can use them for doing craft rather than just putting them in the recycling bin.




My finger is beginning to knit together and hopefully I will be able to do some knitting or crochet, which I cant do at the  moment.

Have a good weekend. It's sunshine and showers here today at the moment. x

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jan,

    Amazing, I have seen these somewhere but my memory fails me at present lol! They do look rather arty don't they?

    Glad your finger is now starting to mend.

    Love & hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love it, so jealous Jan. A friend of mine on FB tried it with an old phone directory for her 1st attempt. Yours is fab and now I,m going to have to give it a go, we read lots of books so I have 2 bookcases full upstairs, I may have to go and raid the, xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Janice
    Debbie Moore did a show on C&C on it last week I believe (had an email about it but didn't see the show) so I had looked at stuff on line. Some of the patterns are amazing and creating your own pattern looks a
    nightmare.
    Your trio of hearts look fantastic. Would look great on display.
    Might have to buy one of the cheapy books at work to try it with as I couldn't bring myself to do it to the ones I've got.
    Glad the finger is getting better.
    Best wishes.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete