Followers

Translate

Friday, 24 April 2015

Using Sue Wilson Weaving Dies.....

 Good Morning All, Friday again already and the weekend eagerly awaits us all. Hope you've had a good week so far and looking forward to the weekend.


Todays card is created using Sue Wilson Weaving Dies. On Wednesday evening three friends and I meet up to craft (and chat) together. This Wednesday we all had a go at using these dies which belonged to one of the friends.

Apparently there are two ways of doing this:- the Sue Wilson way (which I have done) or the John Next Door way..... Check out his blog to see his version.


The weaving was simple to do......although it seemed to take us all evening just to do the weaving......cant think why !!!!! LOL !!!!
 I finished my card off yesterday. I first found the backing paper....which wasn't easy as there are various shades of jade/teal coloured papers...eventually found this one with owls on. Luckily I like owls (in case you didn't know !!) so I decided to cut out an owl die that I had in the jade card and add it to 2 layered frames onto the weaving. The embossed frame around the weaving also belongs to my friend and I think is also a Sue Wilson die.
 I added a small white flower which had white beads in the centre. I have coloured these in jade using a Sharpie pen.
I had stamped the sentiment using jade ink but it wasn't dark enough so I went over it with a gel pen. I have also added some shimmer dome stickers from Docrafts.


Have a good day and thanks for stopping by......XX

5 comments:

  1. I watched Sue the other day on C&C and loved this weaving die, very tempted but NO. I decided to have a go myself which I will show in a future post. Your card is gorgeous. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jan,

    Gorgeous card, love these Noble dies, they are next on my list lol! beautiful papers too.

    Love & hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi Jan, this looks so effective though I'm not surprised it took a long time but I love how you have been able to co-ordinate everything. Have a good weekend, Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Jan! The weaving is amazing, such a gorgeous backdrop for your fun little owl! Wonderful frame too! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Janice
    Well, owl be blowed. What a hoot! Sorry, couldn't resist.
    I think there are lots of different ways of using these dies but must admit, I've done some weaving just cutting strips.
    Your card is terrific. Very Sue-esque!
    Have a great weekend.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete