Followers

Translate

Wednesday, 20 May 2015

A 70th Birthday Card for Carol.


Good morning all. Todays card is a 70th birthday card for Carol. She is a friend and fellow member of my craft group. As she also does stitching on cards it seemed only right that i did a stitched and beaded card for her birthday. A simple design, that once the beads are added , is transformed into something more stunning. 

I cut my card out first, using a tonic die before i added the beads on.....Top tip this , because if you try and run it through your cutting machine once the beads have been added, as you turn the handle, you hear a lovely crunching sound and when your card appears out at the other side ALL your beads are smashed !!! 
A valuable lesson learnt !

Back to the card, I have used a LOTV topper of a little girl wearing her mum's shoes and hat and looking in the mirror, which give me the idea to use another tonic die of a mirror, which i cut out in pink mirri card. I then cut an oval out of silver mirri card for the glass part and stuck it over the pink cut out. I have put 70TH onto the mirror.
For the wording "Carol" i have tattered lace art deco alphabet dies.


I layered 2 pieces of ribbon across the bottom and cut each end into a fish tail. I added a pink flower and used one of "Spanish Crafter's" hat pins into the flower.

I have also used gems on a string around the edge of the card. 

 A close-up of the beaded section. I hope she likes this card.



7 comments:

  1. Another lovely card the beads certainly add something special to it. I am sure your friend will love it. Good tip about cutting before beading.
    Enjoy the day,
    Hazel c uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. A truly gorgeous card Jan, I will have to get round to more bead stitching, your pattern is lovely, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Jan,

    Gorgeous card, love all the bead work, so beautiful. Made me laugh reading about you crunching the beads in the GC, I did something similar thing with my e-bosser though not with beads I think it was something I had layered up and without thinking put it through the e-bosser and ruined it lol!

    Have a great day.

    Love & hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've just found you! I'm a bit new to this blogging lark I do similar crafts to you Knitting being my favourite and a passion if mine
    I love how you've added beads to the card making it a truly personal gift to the recipient
    Will have a look at your older posts later

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning Jan I'm sure your friend will love this card so many different touches to it. I had trouble with my GC yesterday using one of SW's pin pricked embossing folders which I then realised was a bit thicker thsn some others and something has broken and is washing around inside. Hopefully it will be ok seemed to work afterwards and I don't really want to have to buy a new one at the moment. Best wishes Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jackie, hope GC is okay now. Just wanted you to know I broke my GC a little while back, it was out of guarantee but I contacted Spellbinders and they arranged collection, repaired it all free of charge.
      Enjoy the day,
      Hazel c uk

      Delete
  6. Hi Janice
    What's not to like chuck. A glorious bead fest that I'm sure Carol will love. The image reminds me of Holly Hobby stuff I had when I was a kid.
    Love it!
    Vest wishes.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete