Followers

Translate

Monday, 25 May 2015

A New Combination....for me !!!

 Morning all, hope you are all enjoying this May Bank Holiday Monday.

It's another Christmas card made, but this time a new combination. I thought I would combine beads with iris folding. Whenever I've done iris folding I've always been at a lost at to what to put around the edge of the iris folding. Then I had an eureka moment and decided to add beads. I had a pattern that was quite small, so I enlarged the pattern on my photocopier so that the smallest circle was just a tad bit bigger than my aperture (for the iris folding).

I have kept the colour palette simple with golds, creams and whites.

Hazel has asked where I get the patterns from. I buy them from "Annspaperart" and "creatiefzijnmet" which is a dutch company. Also you can buy patterns from "The art of craft" which is in this country. Hope that helps Hazel.

I made the top of the bauble out of gold mirri card and scored lines on it.

See you again soon, and thanks for stopping by. x

4 comments:

  1. Love it Jan, a really lovely combination, I get my patterns from Stitching Cards they have a few free ones you can download.

    Making a bread pudding today for my daughter is coming round to cut my hair then it's card making this afternoon.
    Enjoy the day.
    Hazel c UK

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love it Jan, I love iris folding and the design is perfect. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jan,

    Gorgeous design, love it. I started out doing Iris Folding, used to love it, sad its doesn't seem to be around anymore but you have done it proud.

    Have a great day

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie j xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never tried iris folding Looks beautiful on this bauble shape

    ReplyDelete