Followers

Translate

Saturday, 16 May 2015

A Sewing Machine Card....

 Good morning.... today's card is a little bit different to a normal card. My good friend Sue is celebrating her 70th Birthday today, so i thought i would do an extra special birthday card for her. A keen seamstress i decided to make a sewing machine shaped birthday card for her. 

 I made the sentiment appear to be the stitched piece on the machine. I added some "faux stitching" around the edge of the piece of paper as well as actually sewing a design on the paper. I have tried to make it seem that the sewing machine is threaded up with real thread and carries onto the piece of "fabric", which is the piece of paper.


 For one of the dials i have cut a circle and also a scalloped circle and joined together with a brad so that the circle turns. I have added peel-off numbers and symbols which you would find on a real sewing machine. 
 I had some small sewing embellishments which i have stuck to the front of the machine. The tape measure is actually ribbon which i have rolled up to make it look like a small tape measure.
 A close-up of the threaded machine.
I made a small cotton reel with thread wound onto which i then have threaded through the machine.


I really enjoyed making this card and i hope she will like this card.

Have fun today, what - ever you are doing. x

7 comments:

  1. Hello Jan,

    What a beautiful card, there is so much detail on it your friend will treasure it forever.

    I have been following your blog for a few data now and have not been able to comment, just found out the reason I did not have JavaScript turned on. I love the stitching on your cards something I am fond of doing.

    Enjoy the weekend.
    Hazel c uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I bet you had great fun with this one, so many tiny embellishments, xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic Jan so many things to look at what a special card. Have a good weekend. Best wishes Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jan,

    WOW! Stunning card, this is fabulous, just love it. Your friend will love it I'm sure.

    Love & hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant card-love all the details on it. This would be perfect for my sewing/knitting obsessed friend.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful card, you have put so much work into it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Janice
    This card is absolutely spectacular.
    You're a clever gal to come io with this.
    Just downright brilliant!
    Best wishes
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete