Followers

Translate

Monday, 18 May 2015

An 18th Birthday card....with stand.


 Good Morning all, thank-you for your birthday wishes from yesterday. I had a lovely day.
Today's card is inspired from some new dies by "Crealies" they are called patchwork dies and have circle, square and octagon in shape.

I have just ordered the octagon shaped ones and look forward to creating cards when they arrive.

However, when I looked at the design of the circle one, I thought I could achieve the same look without the die, just by using my circle dies and cutting them in the same way. So I created a circle card as my base. Then I cut 3 circles of decreasing sizes. The largest one was the easiest to cut as I could decided myself, where I wanted the divisions. The other two circles were slightly more complicated, in that I had to make sure I cut them in the right place to work out right. Once cut, it was just a case of layering up and then decorating. I had this swirl peel off in peach and pale blue, which just draped across the largest segment perfectly.


 I have added candi in pale blue and wording in peach mirri card.

It will be for my niece's 18th birthday which is in August.
 
Have a good week, thanks for stopping by and come again soon. x

6 comments:

  1. Morning Jan,

    WOW! This is stunning, love the design and you have embellished it so well, just beautiful. Well done gal! Hope you had a fabulous day yesterday?

    Love & hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a unique card and so pretty. Your niece will love it. I to hope you had a nice day yesterday.

    Hugs
    Hazel c uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning Jan I have seen these dies on Oyster Stamps and thought how interesting they were and I love what you have done here so I will have to experiment. Glad you had a nice birthday best wishes Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous Jan, great design, going to have a look at the dies now, xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card & the details are lovely.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Janice
    Wow, love this, especially the spray of pearls. Beautifully embellished!
    Best wishes.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete