Followers

Translate

Monday, 4 May 2015

In Honour Of John (next door) !!

 Afternoon all, hope you are all enjoying your Bank Holiday Monday.....

After careful consideration yesterday (whilst drinking a cup of coffee) I decided to do a bit of everything !!!! I spent an hour doing some more beading work (not quite finished so watch this space), then I started this card and then when I went to watch tv I did some knitting LOL !!!

I have done this card in honour of John Lockwood, who I met up with on Saturday at the glitter pot, when he was demoing.

I got lots of good tips from him, one of which, was the way he layers and frames his card. So with this in mind I have done this card.

I have used Sue Wilson Austrian collection background die. I dabbed some embossing ink pad over the whole of the die before I ran it through the GC using the embossing plates on to some cream card. Then I sprinkled cream embossing powder over the card and heated it from underneath. Then I cut the piece of card using the die. John gave a good tip that once you had embossed it, it was easier to put back into place as it naturally went in.

Second tip was the layering. John suggested to layer a piece of card go up 1/2 cm, but when framing go up 1cm. I have tried to do this with this card. On my bottom piece of cream card I have used an embossing folder - just to add a little bit of interest.

John also suggested using the die as a guide to cut the centre out. I have done this with the central oval. I cut it out in blue card then using the die as a guide I placed it onto cream card and using a knife cut inside the die shape to give me a smaller piece, so that I could layer up.

I bought John's stamp set (daisy corner), and stamped the sentiment onto the cream piece of card using blue inkpad. I also stamped up 4 daisies onto cream card and cut them out. The bottom piece I have kept flat, but the other 3 pieces I have cut up into the petals so that when I used a ball tool I got dimension. Finally I have added 4 blue gems and put a blog of navy glitter glue into the centre of the daisy.



 A close-up of the embossed piece of cream card....I think you can just see that I have used embossing powder onto it.

Have a good day and see you again soon.x

4 comments:

  1. Hi Jan,

    Wow! Stunning piece of work, I am sure John will be thrilled with this one, love how you have used his stamp as the main flower. Beautiful creation.

    Love & hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply stunning jan I love the classic look of this and the perfect framing! Thank you for the kind words I am deeply touched!

    John x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Janice
    Very John-esque! Lovely layering.
    I'm gearing up for custody of the remote control tomorrow.
    Best wishes.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning Jan super card, very elegant,I'm sure I am going to learn lots on Saturday when I see John. Best wishes Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete