Followers

Translate

Wednesday, 24 June 2015

Back to Card Making !!

 Good Morning all, hope you are all well and happy.

After a few days of beading and knitting, I thought I would return to card making, and boy, am I out of practise !!!!!

The original topper that I had for this card came from "Making Cards" magazine - a special ladies edition. In that issue there was a lovely black and white photo of two ladies roller skating from the 1940's. I used my oval dies and cut it out and layered it onto the pale blue card. Stuck it onto the background paper and stood back to look at it.......big mistake !!!  I then thought it needs a black line around the image....so I got my "sharpie" pen in black and carefully started drawing around the oval. Half way around I seemed to have a wobble and ended up with a little wiggle where I didn't want one.....that's ok I thought i'll just make the line thicker to disguise the wiggle.....of course I just made things worse so I tore it off the card and threw it in the bin.
 So here we have a mannequin instead !!!!!
Still like the card but annoyed with myself for ruining the first attempt......oh well it's only paper boo hoo LOL !!!!


Have a great day and see you again soon. x

4 comments:

  1. Looks fab Jan, we all make mistakes like that !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear Jan just when you had it all planned. If I am rash enough to do something like drawing round an oval I sometimes use a die and draw round it to get an even line as I can't rely on my hands to keep it neat!! Best wishes Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jan,

    I had to laugh reading your post, this has happened so many times to me, frustrating isn't it? Beautiful card you made in the end thought lol!

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Janice
    Hey, we've all done that before (and some of us more times than I care to mention)
    However you started, the end result is terrific.
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete