Followers

Translate

Sunday, 28 June 2015

Book Folding Problems..... and maybe a solution !!


Morning all, the last Sunday of June today, this month has certainly flown by quickly !!

I hope you are all well and happy and having a great weekend so far.

Today's blog has come about due to doing book-folding. For those of you who follow my blog regularly, you will know that I have done a few of these book folding projects. I have the cd rom from "Peerless Designs" which is a great starting point I feel. I had noticed that when doing a word or number the grid that you work from is like the photo below. A series of lines that you follow to create the letter or number, however, some of these looked a bit sparse, and some of the numbers or letters you could just make out. So I had a think about this problem and I think I've come up with a solution (although it may already be known to some of you!!).
 Looking at this number "8" you can see it consists of 38 lines to complete - this means you need 76 pages to create the number "8". Below is the photo of this grid done.


I then thought I would do the white lines AS WELL AS the black lines!!
 
 

 As you can see, my grid now consists of 75 lines, which is 150 pages.
 But look at the difference when complete - a much fuller number. Of course you will use twice as many pages doing it this way then you would doing the original way, so may not be suitable for a long word !!

So even if you haven't got the cd rom you could still create your own grid, just by printing or drawing the outline of the letter or number - which could be in any font - and adding stripes.

This then set me thinking even more (must have sat in the sun too long and fried my brain LOL !!) if you can do letters and numbers by really only drawing the outline and then adding stripes....what else can you do????
 The Bat Signal, of course !!!  I went to google images and printed off the outline of the bat signal.


I added stripes (not too exact - or neat but to give you the idea).

Watch this space if this turns into a book - my eldest son would love it - so might do as a Christmas present for him.

This opens up all sorts of avenues to make a really personalised book folding present..........

Hope I've got you all thinking about what you could do??????
Let me know your ideas.

Have a great Sunday, enjoy your roast or barbeque LOL !!, and see you again soon. x

11 comments:

  1. This looks really complicated Jan, I have admired from afar but never had a go, xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jan could you email me at wlt27@hotmail.com I have a question. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to admire your drive Jan and what you have done is so good so it will be interesting to see how it turns out. I'm afraid I haven't got the urge to do any of this!! best wishes Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S. Perhaps you should think about copywriting your idea, might be worth a few pennies!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow brilliant Jan, you have done so well with these and a great idea on the Bat front, do let us know if it turns out. Have not got round to doing mine yet but I do intend on having a go.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great tips Something else I want to try if anyone has Serif there's a way of making a grid that can be placed on top of an outlined image etc So it's on my pile of things I'd like to try In case you don't look back on your posts I left a comment yesterday to say Thankyou for the names of the threads you use on your stitched cards

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Janice
    Thanks for this. There is a way, apparently of doing this thing with the stripes on Paint Shop Pro but I haven't had time to mess with it.
    Just got to figure the folding bit lol!
    Best wishes.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can someone help I have no money but looking for a penguin pattern my email address is yeomans707@googlemail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can someone help I have no money but looking for a penguin pattern my email address is yeomans707@googlemail.com

    ReplyDelete