Followers

Translate

Tuesday, 2 June 2015

Butterflies.........it must be summer !!

 Good Morning all. Today is the second of June and the heading of my blog indicates that it's summer.......well not here in Kent !!!!!. The weather yesterday and today is dreadful......Cold, windy and wet..... this is not Summer to me .....hope it's better where you are today.


Now todays card is something a little different from me and a little bit out of my comfort zone. I have tried stencilling before using paste, and to be quite honest, not very good. So I have not attempted very often. However, I was watching C&C the other day and "sweet poppy stencils" were on. A lovely lady demonstrating and giving great tips (which is what you want to see on a crafting channel).
She suggested when using a metal stencil, to have a magnetic sheet behind, so that the stencil lays as flat as possible, making It harder for the paste to slip behind and so spoiling the effect.

She also sprinkled some glitter onto the paste, whilst wet, and heated it from behind using a heat gun. The paste begins to bubble and once dry gives a good effect.............

...............so here is my attempt.



As you can see the paste is "bumpy looking".
A beautiful stencil (also from sweet poppy) It has cogs, and clock hands as the antenna and it's tail ? bit is like a screwdriver.
 
 
 
I finished off with a die sentiment from Crafters Companion. I used a fine gel pen and drew inside the die before I took it off from the paper.
 
The background paper is from LOTV.
 
Hope you like this something different, enjoy your day and roll on summer !!!!!
 
xx

4 comments:

  1. Stunning card Jan,

    I have seen the lady from Sweet Poppies do this before, its a great technique and you have copied it well. Just beautiful.

    Love & hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Janice
    Wow, just beautiful! Yes, the Sweet Poppy lady is very good (she's very nice at craft shows too)
    You should enter this at Moving Along With the Times as I've hosted a texture challenge on there.
    This would be perfect!
    Best wishes.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely Jan, butterfly's are beautiful in any medium but yours is exceptionally pretty.

    Thank you for the tip which has I am not good at stencilling I shall try.

    Hope it gets warmer sooner.

    Hazel c uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super card Jan the paste looks more natural being a bit "bumpy" best wishes Jackie x

    ReplyDelete