Followers

Translate

Saturday, 6 June 2015

Calming Lavender after the Storm.....


 Morning all and here's to a smashing weekend for all with wall to wall sunshine for everyone !!!!!

Did you get the storm on Thursday Night??  I was woken up in the early hours to the sound of hailstones on the roof (I sleep in the rafters.....poor me!!).
Took a while to get back to sleep and I was tired most of Friday - so no blog yesterday.

Today's card has been made by having a small stitched & beaded strip. Silver bugle beads and a lilac/purple sequin and seed bead with purple thread.

This I teamed up with the LOTV topper. Matted and layered with white, purple and mauve card stock, with a gingham background sheet.

 My embellishments are something I made years and years ago when flower soft first came out and Noreen demonstrated on c&c on how to create these flower stems. I made these at the time with the pinks and greens flower soft and they sat stuck in a piece of foam on my craft room shelf ever since. I never got around to doing anything with them and nor with the flower soft. I've got 4 tubs of the stuff in a box......how many tubs have you got and never used????

So back to the card, I was looking for something that resembled lavender, of course I didn't have anything, but my eye fell on these stems. I decided to use cosmic shimmer pearlescent PVA, Ranger liquid pearls and Dovecraft glitter glue, all purple/mauve/lilac colours and put over the top of the flower soft. Once dried I tied together with florist tape and stuck a green bow on the top.....they look a little bit like lavender......don't you think?
 A close -up of the stitched panel.
.....and of the LOTV topper.


Enjoy your weekend. x

5 comments:

  1. Absolutely love it it's so pretty and just right for this time of year with the lavender soon coming into flower. This is definitely a must to try, don't think I shall be making the lavender thou but yours is delightful. Sorry you got the storm we had rain but I certainly did not hear a storm.
    Thank you Jan and have a good weekend.
    Hazel c UK

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty Jan.
    I never got into Flowersoft, so I dont have any in my stash !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jan, funnily enough I did a flowersoft workshop with my ladies on Monday for his month's workshop. The last time we did flowersoft flower stems was 5 years ago! Love what you have done here and I have a similar topper in a Hunkydory kit so I will have to dig it out as the flowersoft is still out. Have a good weekend, Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Janice
    Yes, those stems do look exactly like lavender and love the pattern of your beading.
    No storm here, thankfully and no Flowersoft. . . . . . . You know me, I don't do messy hahaha!
    Have a great weekend.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jan,

    Gorgeous card and your sprigs do look like Lavender. I have about 6 tubs of the stuff I think and never use lol!

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete