Followers

Translate

Tuesday, 30 June 2015

It's Christmas.....Red Hot !!!!


 Morning all, phew isn't it hot !!!!! I know we must not complain, but it never seems to be the right temperature in this country does it??

Treated myself to some of Sue Wilson's new dies. They arrived Saturday, but I've only just been able to have a little play with them today.  This first card has used the dies "festive collection - Christmas scene mini background". They cut lovely - although I did have to rotate them just once using the GC - but that's the GC's fault not the dies. There are 5 dies in this set, starting from the middle there is a circular scene, then a layering plain circle, then a decorative rectangle, then a layering plain rectangle, and finally the largest decorative scene. This last die stays in the card- so I had to trim around after - but not an issue. I have red and glossy black card to cut these dies out of apart from the plain circle which I cut out in white. I added some shading to the white piece with a black pencil....not sure if it shows up on the photo. A black and red poinsettia flower (free with the tattered lace C&C Christmas special magazine) as been added as embellishment along with a merry Christmas ribbon backed onto the same black card. The background paper is a red dotty on white.


 Please stop by over the next few days to see what other Sue Wilson dies that I have bought.

Take care in this heat....drink plenty of water....and keep your pets cool.

I took Rolo out for an early walk this morning before it got too hot. it was his birthday yesterday. He is now 6 years old and for a special treat I cooked him lambs liver for his dinner.

See you again soon. x




5 comments:

  1. Lovely card Jan, well done on getting the dies. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jan - just saw you over at MAWTT - welcome! - I just signed up as your new follower hugs Judith x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jan - just saw you over at MAWTT - welcome! - I just signed up as your new follower hugs Judith x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Janice
    Welcome aboard at MAWTT!
    I bought some of Sues dies last Thursday but haven't had time to play yet.
    Love the non traditional black and red.
    Best wishes.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning Jan yes too hot to think about Christmas! I quite like this die set and I certainly like what you have done with it. Best wishes Jackie x

    ReplyDelete