Followers

Translate

Monday, 22 June 2015

Whoops, I've dropped a Clanger !!!!!!!



 It's Ok I've picked him up again !!!!!


Morning all, hope you are all well and happy. I knitted this Clanger yesterday. I had downloaded the free pattern from "Deramores.com". The pattern was in 3ply wool. I have knitted it in DK, so it's bigger than the Deramores pattern, at about 11 inches. I have made a few adjustments by adding felt fingers, rather than knitting.


 I made a different tunic from the pattern too, as the Deramores pattern was for a girl Clanger. I went to Google images to get some ideas of how the tunic should look then made a paper template before cutting out in red felt.
 I stitched each piece with a running gold stitch and then joined together using embroidery silks in red.
The hair is brown felt, and I've used black wool for the eyes.

My husband's got his eye on this toy to put in his van...... I might let him have it as long as he doesn't start talking (whistling) like a Clanger all the time LOL !!!

Have a good Monday and thanks for stopping by. x

4 comments:

  1. Great clanger, I believe they are back on tv too, xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous creation Jan, I love the clangers lol!

    Love & hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so clever Jan.

    Hazel c uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jan I don't think I have ever seen the Clangers but I'm sure your toy is better than the original! Best wishes Jackie x

    ReplyDelete