Followers

Translate

Saturday, 4 July 2015

A Gold Star .....for me!!!!


Morning all, well hasn't the weather been hot lately? Too hot and muggy for me I'm afraid, so I've had to stay indoors and spent time in the craft room LOL !!!
(although not all crafting - I've tidied up too and hovered the carpet - I probably wont find anything now LOL!!!).
 
Hope you are all well and happy.
 
 
This star box has come from the special edition of Tattered lace magazine with C&C. I photocopied the template at 110% as it seemed a little on the small side. Also I made a small adjustment with the side templates:- there was just one piece with a score line in that you had to cut out 5 times for the lid and a slightly larger one for the base. Rather than do that I decided to photocopy the templates a few times and then joined them together to make a set of 2 templates with 3 scores lines, that way I reduced the number of templates to make the sides from 10 to 6 hope you understand what I mean. LOL !!


 I then covered the sides and the top & inside of the lid as well as the inside of the box with Christmas paper in gold patterned paper. I added gold gems on a string around the edge of the lid. The poinsettias were made using the free die and embossing folder that also came with the magazine. 
 I didn't emboss each layer of the poinsettias, but instead, did the largest and smallest layer. A strip of ribbon on 3 sides and "voila" complete !!
I am hoping to make some more of these boxes as they will be useful as gift boxes at Christmas.

Enjoy your weekend whatever you are doing and thanks for stopping by. x

5 comments:

  1. Good morning Jan what a super job you have done in making this box it looks great. I ordered a selection of templates recently that were Crafters Companion and included a star box but they were so fiddly I actually sent them back rather than just putting them aside. Had a bit if rain overnight as I can see the garden is damp but it is already quite humid. Still its Grand Prix weekend so I don't need to be outside!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful Jan, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Stunning creation Jan, so gorgeous.

    Love & hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Janice
    Haven't a Scooby what you meant but it sounds very impressive lol!
    Beautiful box. Will be a keepsake as well as the pressy within.
    Hot I don't mind but muggy, ugggh!
    Have a great weekend.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  5. After a horrendous thunder storm last night I thought it'd clear the air but it's still soooo muggy - yeuck The box is divine I'm confused re the instructions but perhaps if the template was in front of me it'd make more sense Live how you've decorated it too

    ReplyDelete