Followers

Translate

Wednesday, 15 July 2015

A Storage Unit....



 Good Morning all, Hope you're all well and happy and enjoying your day.

I've made this from a project in "cardmakingandpapercrafts" magazine last month. In the magazine they had a M.D.F one that you could buy from "Candy Box Crafts" -but I thought I would have a go myself using card. I first made the bottom layer by cutting a 5.5 x 5.5 inch square in cardboard (from a dog food box - not quite as thick as corrugated cardboard). Then I made the dividing piece by cutting two strips of card and cutting a slot in the top of one and a slot in the bottom of the other piece and then sliding together by the slits. Then I made the 4 boxes to sit in between the cross over piece. Then added another 5.5 x 5.5 inch square of cardboard to sit on the top. Then I made a box to sit on top of that, and again made the dividing parts by slotting pieces of card and joining together. Decorated in similar coloured and patterned paper. Then I used washi - tape around the edges and on the dividing pieces to add more strength. 

 I added small resin flowers as my handles on the 4 boxes at the bottom layer.
The magazine had more compartments in the top - but I thought 6 was enough.


It's not perfect - but I've enjoyed making it.

Thanks for stopping by.

See you again soon. x

2 comments:

  1. Where do you find the time Jan! What a delightful project and recycling as well as using your stash. Best wishes Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous Jan, so gorgeous . xxxx

    ReplyDelete