Followers

Translate

Saturday, 22 August 2015


A Christmas Tree Card



Morning all, hope you are all well and happy, and looking forward to the weekend.




I was watching c&c the other day when Sheena Douglas was on. I only caught a little bit of the show, but she demonstrated a great technique. Using her glass mat and spectrum noir pens she scribbled across the glass mat in different colours, sometimes overlapping the colours. Then using a spritzer and blending solution, she spritzed on top of the colouring. Then she lay a piece of card over the top and rubbed across the back to give her a background paper.

This is my version, using promarkers.


I've done a stitched topper of a Christmas tree, layered onto green and red card. The green wording by Robert Addams dies.
Finally added some gems and glamour dust at the bottom and also dotted around the tree. (you cant see in the photo)

7 comments:

  1. Good morning Jan didn't see the show you mentioned but looks quite effective. Love your stitched tree not seen this one before. Have a good weekend best wishes Jackie x
    .
    .

    ReplyDelete
  2. A clever idea and most attractive. Love the Chritmas tree.

    Enjoy your weekend. Trust your husband had a good time fishing.

    Hazel c uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is exquisite, gorgeous Jan, xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Jan, great background and a fantastic tree, how beautiful is that?

    Love & Hugs

    Have a great weekend

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like it It's very effective I saw Sheena D do this I don't do colouring - something I'd like to try Perhaps I'll be able to at AP in Sept So I can't "play" I love love love the stitched tree!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Janice
    Adore the stitched tree and what an unusual background.
    Have a great week.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete