Followers

Translate

Saturday, 15 August 2015

Filing Box

Morning all, Saturday and the start of hopefully a good weekend.

Today, I am going to where my craft clubs are held, as there is an open day. A lot of people use the centre , where I go, doing all sorts of things from tea dances, flower arranging, o.a.p. clubs, yoga and painting, to medium nights, extra tuition for children, nursery school and kids clubs. It's a good way of advertising the centre and to maybe get more members for the individual clubs. We have three tables between my two clubs as a lot of ladies belong to both. We do a huge array of crafting at these clubs, and it's great to share hobbies and get other people involved. Quite often someone will bring something new in to try and before you know it we are all having a go.


Back to todays blog. This box file was in one of the "crafters companion- special magazines". Although it had detailed instructions, unfortunately, the beginning dimensions were slightly out, so I had to improvise and do what I thought would work.











It's quite a large sturdy box (6 x 6 x 4 inches). I used centura pearl card to make the box, with cream hammer card for the concertina parts. I then covered the outside with some papers that I had in my stash. For the tabs I have used sticky flag notes folded in half and glued on each side. They fold down flat when the box is shut. I am going to put a Velcro catch on the front tab (when I can find them in my craft room.......they're in there somewhere LOL !!!!!)

I thought I might use it as a storage for my coloured gems - different colour in each segment.

6 comments:

  1. Interesting and useful box, love the colours.

    Enjoy your day out and the rest of the weekend.

    Hazel c uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great Jan but how frustrating that the published instructions were incorrect. Enjoy your open day hope you get plenty of support. Best wishes Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great folder Jan, looks good, have a good day, xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Janice
    What a brilliant project. Will look lovely in your craft room.
    Hope the open day went well.
    Best wishes.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant project I can think of a number of uses for one I hope the open day went well

    ReplyDelete