Followers

Translate

Tuesday, 11 August 2015

Gift Box or Bag

Gift Box or Bag !!!!


Morning all, a bit late with the blog today I'm afraid, starting making this last night and finished off this morning.




I have used the Sue Wilson Die: Festive Collection - snowflake background.

I used two red card blanks, and cut the die out on all 4 sides. Then using a strip of red card, joined the two card blanks together, so that I had an open box.
Using cream hammer card I created a base by making a box bottom and sticking inside of the red open box.
I was going to make a lid in cream as well, but the card seemed a little flimsy to me, and I didn't want to add acetate inside to strengthen, so I decided to fold two sides in so that it made a carton shape rather than a box.

I have decorated using a create and craft die - Candle & bow.

I punched two holes in all four sides of the box, before threading ribbon through.

You could use this for an battery operated candle, or as a gift bag.

Thanks for stopping by. x


5 comments:

  1. Hi Jan,

    Stunning bag, so decorative, just beautiful. Looks rather chinesey lol!

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks gorgeous Jan and would look great with a battery candle, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great as a carton for a gift or as you've said put a battery tea light in it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jan clever way to use the die. As others have said it would look quite festive with a candle or lights inside. Best wishes Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Janice
    Lovely piece of filigree finery. Great use of the die and its fab in red.
    Best wishes.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete