Followers

Translate

Monday, 24 August 2015

Patchwork Christmas Card.....




Morning All....yet another Christmas card made....at this rate I'll be on 2016's card making LOL !!!!!

Following on from yesterday when I used the crealies patchwork dies. This got me thinking (can you guess?) yep, that's right, do a patchwork background.

I choose 2 similar colour patterned papers for this design and cut a total of 16 octagons. I glued them onto the blank card and then cut a 2 x 2 cm square in beige card stock to fit into the gaps in between the octagons. If I had used hexagons they would have fitted together much better (but I didn't have one !!!).

I then cut 2 octagons - one in white and one in green for my centre panel.
The word "merry Christmas" is a die from "Ultimate Crafts" which is a quite new company being shown on C&C. I cut 2 - one in green and one in red and offset them slightly in the centre. Then I decided to draw around the octagon patchwork pieces in a fine black pen. Makes the pattern stand out more.

That's 3 Christmas cards in a row now. I must make some birthday cards, as I've got quite a few birthdays and anniversaries coming up.

Enjoy your day, and the start of a new week. Bank holiday coming up very soon and my son will be down again for the weekend, so I will have to tidy up the craft room ready for his arrival. Trouble is I keep doing more things and making more mess LOL !!

Thanks for stopping by and come again soon. x

3 comments:

  1. Well done Jan, it looks great, you are thinking outside the box, so to speak, xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning Jan we must have been thinking alike as a couple of days ago I found a stamp I bought from Dreamees at a show which is small patchwork hexagons and thought "how long have I had this and not used it yet" ??!! So this has given me an idea though implementation may take longer, too many other things on the go, as always!!! anyway love what you have done on your card, best wishes Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Janice
    Brilliant idea for patchwork.
    Love the papers you have used.
    Best wishes.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete