Followers

Translate

Sunday, 30 August 2015

Stag do !!!!!!


Morning All, hope your Bank Holiday Weekend is going nicely so far. I've managed to schedule today and tomorrows blog before my son arrives, so hopefully they will work. I am also going to get him to have a look at my laptop to see if he can solve the problem of uploading a photo.

Anyway on to today. I'm not sure if you can see clearly from the photo, but I have cut the circle in the centre by cutting lines across the circle, and then peeling back the segments (triangles). I first glued the aqua snowflake patterned paper to the back of the card, so that when I peeled the segments back you can see the paper. Then I have added another sheet of backing paper and glued to the back before adding the stag. (Marianne Designs die). I then cut two circles (one inside the other) to give me a fine circular frame which I stuck on top of the segments to give a neater finish. The snowflake corners are a Sue Wilson die, which I have cut in aqua card and then backed onto brown card to match the stag. Two pieces of ribbon across the bottom and a sentiment to co-ordinate. I then used a shaving brush and some brown ink and brushed across the whole card, to soften the white and to pick up the embossed details on the corner die pieces.

Hope to see you again tomorrow. x

4 comments:

  1. Fab card Jan, have a good time with your son, xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning Jan hope you are enjoying having your son home. The effect you have created round the circle is like some cards on the Craft work Cards show on TV last week. Very effective. Best wishes Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds very complicated I'm sure I wouldn't be able to achieve such beautiful results You've managed to make the stag look extra majestic

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Janice
    Can't get in to comment on the last couple of cards so its either Blogger or my tablet.
    Clever idea for the triangles. You must have a steady hand.
    Enjoy your time with your son.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete