Followers

Translate

Tuesday, 1 September 2015

It's a Cracker !!!!!!!

 Good Morning all, 1st September today, time is really whizzing by now.

Had a lovely bank holiday weekend with both my boys at home. As the weather was bad yesterday and I didn't fancy driving on the motorways with all that rain and spray from other cars, lorries etc, Daniel caught the train up to Victoria and then got the coach back to Oxford. It takes about 3 hrs, which isn't too bad, as it takes me 2 hrs just to drive there. 

Whilst he was here he had a look at my laptop, and although he couldn't fix the problems, he found away around it. All I needed to do was go through google chrome and then put "createdbyjan" in the search engine. Then I can upload photos with no problems. What a good boy he is to his poor old mum LOL !!!!!


So onto today's blog. On my kindle I had downloaded a knitting pattern for a re-use-able cracker.

Both ends come off when "pulled", to reveal the pressie inside. The main body is a knitted tube with a toilet roll inner inside. 
It measures about 12 inches long. Didn't take too long to knit (a couple of evenings)so I might make some more ready for Christmas. I've done it in the same green as I used for my crochet cushions (just because it was spare), but will look lovely on the Christmas Table.

Enjoy your day, and thanks for stopping by. x

4 comments:

  1. Great idea and creates a bit of family history when they come out each year. Glad your computer problems have been sorted, so nice to have a techie in the family. Best wishes Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Novel idea.
    Glad your kend went well, it's lovely when the children come to visit. My DD came round Sunday afternoon. Spent yesterday with 5 stitching friends.
    Enjoy the day.
    Hazel c uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jan
    Never seen a knitted cracker before but its brilliant.
    I use Google Chrome as well from my laptop. Its an old one running Windows Noah's Ark version and Chrome is the only thing I can blog through.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete