Followers

Translate

Tuesday, 8 September 2015

Quilling Santa.....

Morning all, Tuesday today, and I thought I would share something a little different with you today.

Quilling: have you ever done any? I have had a go in the past, but just doing flat spirals, which is a bit boring. Well, like I said the other day, I bought a magazine called "The papercraft collection", it has a load of things to inspire you and there is a whole section on quilling figures. They have done some fantastic models, which include birds, clowns, reindeer, even the bride and groom. 

This is my first attempt, it is easy to do the quilling, but not so easy to try and get into the right shape. This figure is nearly 3 inches tall, and as you can see from the photo, i've got glue stuck all over the figure. He's not very proportionate, but you get the gist of what i was trying to do. I think this is something you need to practice on, to get the hang of shaping.

Just a bit of fun and at the end of the day, just some paper rolled up LOL !!!

Hope he gives you a smile.....even if it's at my expense !!!

Tune in again soon......as you never know what I'm going to do next !!!! x

2 comments:

  1. Good morning Jan well that is a lot if rolling but made me smile. Enjoy your day best wishes Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think he's great I tried quilling a long time ago and made a card which is on my blog but probably because I didn't have that golden elixir CS glue I found it fiddly

    ReplyDelete