Followers

Translate

Friday, 4 September 2015

Rockin' Robin......

 Morning all, hope you are all well & happy this Friday (and all other days as well LOL !!).

Yesterday, I went to Sandown Craft show......a very enjoyable day. There seemed to be less stalls than in previous times, although that didn't deter me in the spending department!!!! I managed to get my portable paper trimmer. I bought a Tonic "Super Trimmer 12inch" which has a cutting and a scoring blade. Was a show special price of £18, instead of £23, so i was very pleased.


Now you may be wondering what else I "had to buy".....well needless to say i spent £80 yesterday on an assortment of goodies......a few dies...... some beading accessories.......  some papers ......... and 2 of hunkydory topper pads - one the little book of festive poetry and the other cute christmas (another bargain of two for £15 instead of £20). I will probably be making cards with these soon so watch this blog!!!!!!


Onto today's blog.....
I've made this card using the free die and stamp from this months "papercraft essentials" magazine. I cut the die in black card then stamped the robin onto white card and stuck the black cut out onto the white card. Then i did a row of the Robins on white card and coloured in the hat and breast with a red promarker. I used a quickie glue pen and glittered the bobble on all the robin's hats.

The holly image is from Craftwork Cards. This was a black and white image and i have used promarkers to colour this in. I decided to add blue into the design in the centre, rather than keeping it white. Also i decided not to colour the holly leaves in green, but instead coloured the outside of the design in green, leaving the holly leaves white. Where there are circles to add candi, I have used a black promarker and coloured in and then using pinflair craft glaze, have gone over the black to give a shine. 
 I added a blue line around the main topper and the row of robins to tie in the colour combination. The black holly leaves in the corners are also part of the free dies with the magazine.
I think using the blue has made the card stand out more.....what do you think?
Hopefully over the next couple of days i will be able to play with all my new toys. What are you doing this weekend?????
Whatever it is have a good time. x

6 comments:

  1. Love the card Jan and a good description of how you made it.
    Glad you had a good day yesterday and got a few bargains. I can not go this year to busy getting ready for our annual WI show on Saturday.

    Enjoy the week ahead.
    Hazel c UK

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning Jan I haven't even got around to opening the packet with my freebies from the magazine yet and you have already used them! But thank you for the idea I think it is a super little set.
    It seems there are less and less tables at the shows now as it costs so much to have them. Having said that I am going to Sincerely Yours at Thetford on Sunday and they have a very good line up and for the first time here the MDF Man is coming so I will be stocking up on baubles etc. Have a good weekend best wishes Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Janice
    What's fun card. Sounds like you had a great time and look forward to seeing what you make with all your purchases.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you were able to get some good bargains your card is very cute Love that free die I think I need to take a closer look at craft magazines

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card, love that image you used too...sweet, colours are awesome..

     {The Journey Is The Start  aNNie  my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete