Followers

Translate

Saturday, 17 October 2015

Dad's Birthday Card.......


 Morning all, hope you are all well, happy & warm now that the weather has turned chilly !!

I am pleased to say that Sally, liked her present yesterday. (scroll down to see the pendant that i made her).


I have just treated myself to a new die "Sue Wilson- Noble - Ornate Pierced Rectangle". I bought it, as it was a large set of dies(largest 5.5 x 7 inches)and also that it wasn't too fancy, so would be suitable for male and female alike.

The edges are pierced, and as i do a lot of sewing on card, i thought i would incorporate the two ideas together. I used some matching blue thread, and starting in the centre point on each edge, crossed down to the opposite side, so that behind the front piece, the threads cross over each other. I didn't go all the way around the card, but just did an equal amount on each side.



 The central patterned piece i layered onto double side sticky sheet and once the die was stuck down, sprinkled glitter over, so that the background was completely glittered.Then i layered onto the next size die in cream cardstock. The central oval in cream was another S.W die "Festive Collection - Snowflake background". The word "dad" is a Tonic die. I threaded some co-ordinating ribbon through the word. And finally, the "happy birthday" is from Spellbinders.


A detailed look at the pierced edge and the stitching. 



I'm thinking that I might do the stitching all away around the piece next time with varigated thread, to see how that looks. 

Enjoy your weekend, thanks for stopping by, come again soon, oh, and keep warm XXXX

7 comments:

  1. A lovely card again, your stitching has really lifted the card, I have several SW dies and never thought to stitch thru the holes I am sure it will look very pretty stitched with variegated thread. Glad Sally liked her pendent. Have a good weekend Jan.

    Hazel c uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card for Dad, perfect, Had a look a pendant and that is gorgeous, you are so clever, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning Jan now this might sound odd but I thought if a spiders Web with the die and enhanced by your stitching with the glitter being the frost on the Web. It's a lovely card and I'm sure your dad will love it. Have a good weekend. I put the heating on yesterday so looks like we are in for a long winter this year. Really need to get out to the garden if it would only dry up a bit. Being away for a month the lawn is in desperate need of a cut. Have a good weekend best wishes Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jan,

    This is fabulous, such a great 'Man's' card and I love that you have used Sue's Pierced Noble die to incorporate your stitching, great idea.

    Love & hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Janice
    Terrific card with your trademark stitching.
    Definitely turning nippy so the he eating has been on for a couple of hours each evening.
    Best wishes.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just catching up Your cushions are beautiful I think the reindeer is my favourite Did yo have a specific cushion pattern or just made them up? Sally's present and box are stunning A friend of mine has just started making the most exquisite boxes using Delica beads Abd your dad's card is lovely I have SW's Noble pierced squares Would never have thought to stitch with them Now where's my needle and thread

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have heating on and I have the cooling on...LOL LOVE your gorgeous card and the stitching is an added bonus.xxx

     {The Journey Is The Start  aNNie  my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete