Followers

Translate

Saturday, 3 October 2015

Into the wonderful world of "John-next-door" !!! .......


 Good Morning one and all, hope you are all feeling groovy today !!!!!

I had a lovely time yesterday, at the "Cake & Bake" show at Excel, London. Tried lots of samples and bought just a couple of things !!!.......no really, honestly, truthfully only a couple of things. There were lots of free draws that i entered....(just waiting for all the goodies to be awarded to me - fat chance!!).
The competition cakes were out of this world.The theme was children's books. So there were "Alice in wonderland", "Jungle book", "Paddington", "Peter Rabbit" just to name a few. If you ever get the chance to go, then it's well worth a visit - if only to see the amazing cakes.

On to today's card....... On Thursday, I was lucky enough to see John Lockwood (of john-next-door fame) at a craft shop in Swanley, Kent. I've followed John's blog for years (before he became famous) and have always been inspired by his creations. Thursday was no exception. He demoed lots of great ideas.  This card has been made following his demo and tips. John, if you get a chance to look at my blog i hope you can see the framing and the full stop!!!!!




I have used white card throughout the card (apart from the topper which has come from a Hunkydory pad "the little book of cute christmas").
I used the smoothies and applied blobs in colour cloud bending ink "pretty in pink" & "chic violet". John showed me how to apply the blobs using each end of the smoothie and by twisting the smoothie as i applied to give a more defined blob. He also showed how to frame each layer by running the smoothie along the edge to blend the white card to match. 

The snowflakes are s spellbinders die which i inked through whilst still on the card with both colours. My full stop is the pink dazzler.

Thanks John.....You've got me hooked !!!! x

4 comments:

  1. Hi Jan,

    Oh these penguins are so cute and the card is delightful, lots of tips from John I see. I have been watching him on Hochanda and read his blog everyday, how lucky were you to see him in person, he really seems like a lovely man and so talented.
    Have a nice weekend.
    Hugs
    Hazel c uk

    Ps going to try the background on your card out today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Jan, Catching up with Johns shows as I type. Lots of good tips, cant wait to catch up with him when I come to UK in December. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful creation lovely design and super colours used..
    Thank You for your kind words re my dad passing...Funeral is in another state of Australia next Wednesday. We had to transport dad over 20hrs away to be with mum....
    {The Journey Is The Start aNNie my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow amazing card jan, so beautiful.

    Love & hUgs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete