Followers

Translate

Sunday, 25 October 2015

Marvelous Mauve.......



 Morning all, hope you have all enjoyed an extra hour in bed this morning !!!!

Well, that's summer over with....now the nights will be getting darker earlier, bad weather will be settling in and the central heating will be working overtime..... i'll bet you're glad you've popped over to my blog today.....i've cheered you all up.....NOT !!! LOL !!!

At least this card has a hint of summer colours....

Anyone who knows me, or reads my blog regularly, know that purple and all shades of mauve's are my favourite.

I decided, for a change, to sew directly onto the patterned paper (as it was a good quality paper) rather than onto linen card.
The paper is from Sara Davies (crafters companion) "Signature Collection- butterfly lullaby". The pad has some beautiful papers in.
 I've used 3 shades of mauve threads, and combined the paper with toning backing paper that has embossed dots on. A piece of lace across the bottom and then some mauve ric-rac ribbon. 

Topped with a felt rose. Then some pale pink tiny pearls completes this card.
I added a pink pearl into the centre of the rose too.

Have a relaxing Sunday, thanks for stopping by, and see you again soon. x

4 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Jan love your stitching, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't go wrong with lilacs. Seen this range advertised but not really looked at it - as I have too much already!! Very pretty card. Best wishes Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely colours your stitching is so pretty Jan.

    Hazel c uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lilacs, mauves are a favourite of mine too I love your stitched cards Did I ask you what you "prick" with .... I've missed whether you've mentioned it -sorry It's a lovely card I loved your book fold too Where's the pattern from

    ReplyDelete