Followers

Translate

Sunday, 22 November 2015

My Husband's Anniversary Card.....

 Morning all, hope you are all well, happy & warm.  

Here is the card that I've made for my hubby, for our anniversary next month. 

I've used all new items that I've recently bought on-line.

The die is Sue Wilson, "Heraldic Square".I've cut the largest die out 4 times in black. Then I've cut 4 pieces of the second largest in yellow. On two of the yellow pieces I've then cut the smallest piece out. On two of the large pieces in black I've used the same smallest intricate die to cut the pattern. Then I've layered the plain yellow piece behind the black pieces that have the pattern on. On the plain black pieces I've put the cut out yellow pieces on front.......Does that make sense ?  LOL !! It does in my head......but that's not saying much !!

Basically I've done two of each in alternate ways >>.





The butterfly images are a new stamp design from a company called "Altenew". It's quite a good concept with three stamps per butterfly, and you build up the layers. So the first layer is the pale lemon block shape of the butterfly, the second is the darker yellow patterned shapes and the third is the final black outline and pattern shapes. What I especially like about them, is that you don't have to be precise, the idea is to be slightly off with the pieces (especially the black) , which for me (not being a very good stamper) is ideal. The wording is also part of the stamp range by Altenew. 
Really pleased with how the card turned out, and I've been trying out different colours with the butterfly stamps to get different results....so watch this space for more blogs!!!!

Have a great weekend. x

3 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary lovely friend and a gorgeous card this is too.xx
     { aNNie}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jan, what a super card you have created be suitable for a man or lady on another occasion but is very suitable for an anniversary. Just hope hubby doesn't look at your blog and see it before the big day. Best wishes Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Janice
    Absolutely fantastic. Love how you've alternated the colours.
    The sentiment stamp is really lovely too.
    Best wishes.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete