Followers

Translate

Monday, 21 December 2015

Christmas cake iced and ready to go !!!!


 Afternoon all, well it's the countdown to Christmas now.....I've been and done my final supermarket shop (unless I've forgotten anything, then it will be a quick dash to the local co-op!!), the presents are all wrapped and now it's time to decorate the Christmas cake. The above photo was taken about 5 weeks ago when i was just about to put it in the oven.......

 Lovingly fed it a spoonful (plus) of brandy each week.........

.....and now it's iced and decorated. Nothing too fancy as my lot don't like too much icing (as it's too sweet).

Hope you all have a un-stressful time in this run up to Christmas, and thanks for popping by today. x

5 comments:

  1. Looks great Jan, a very long time since I made a Christmas cake, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cake looks delicious sadly I don't make them anymore.

    Hope you have a lovely Christmas Janice and a peaceful and healthy 2016.


    Just going to finish the last of present wrapping.

    Hazel c uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Janice
    Crikey, we're both doing a Nigella today lol!
    Sadly, I missed doing my cakes this year as the oven was playing up and I only got my new cooker last week.
    Yours looks a real treat. Usually feed mine with brandy and orange liqueur...... put a splash in the trifle too, yum!
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jan,

    Beautiful cake, sorry not been around much. Loved your Bauble hat, great idea. May I wish you and your family a Very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

    Love & hUgs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jan what a lovely cake makes me reminisce about the cakes I used to make when I lived at home with mum and dad and my brothers and the decorations came out each year to go on top. Nowadays I don't worry about getting one. Enjoy. Best wishes Jackie x

    ReplyDelete