Followers

Translate

Tuesday, 1 December 2015

Xmas Candles......

 Morning all, hope you are all well & happy on this 1st day of December. Who has an advent calendar??? Have you eaten the choccie already???? x

I spent the weekend making things for the craft fair on Friday. After the last one dismal failure, I am being positive and forging ahead with making things. I said to my husband, that if i don't sell anything, our house is going to be totally O.T.T with Christmas decorations etc !!!
 I bought some reasonably priced candles from Asda. I have then either used a serviette, or i have printed the image onto ordinary copier paper, and then using a heat gun, melted the image into the candles.

 I added ribbon around top, bottom, or both for decoration.



 If i sell them all, i will make a small profit of about £5.00, which will be lovely.

Tune in this week for more craft fair makes, and of course, pop by at the weekend for the full report of the day. xx

6 comments:

  1. Hi Jan,

    These are gorgeous, I have made decorative Candles in the past but never thought of using copy paper, I always used printing tissue paper, glad to know it works with copy paper, they look fabulous. I am sure these will sell well.

    Love & hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janice, these are gorgeous and will appeal to loads. I am like you at the moment making things and just hoping they sell, plus it will be very little profit as I would rather sell them than be left with them. Non crafters don't see the work you put in, and it gets to me when you hear folk say " oh I can get the Iikes of that in ???" I feel like saying " well why did you come here" Now my problem is what size of table will I get, when I asked one of the mum's at the school last week she was unsure, I want enough to fill a large table but don't want to much if it's a small one as where do you store it? Oh the fun!!! Hazel X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your candles are very pretty especially the snowman reminds me of the lovely film. I did candles with my daughters brownies and I used peels offs and they colored them in.
    Good luck with the fair I know the hard work we crafters put into our wares.

    Enjoy the day,
    Hazel

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are really nice Janice so I hope you do well. The fayre I did two weeks ago was like your first one absolutely awful. After paying for the table which was quite small and so difficult to display things I had £5 for all my efforts. Last Saturday at our very small tree festival and fayre where I used to live I had two tables to display everything and had the most successful two hours ever taking nearly £80! So I wish you all the luck this week. Best wishes Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! these are all stunning Janice… what fab designs… I love 'The Snowman' but they are all gorgeous and think they will sell well at the Craft Fair! hope it goes well for you!
    Hope you have a nice evening!
    Big hugs, Sue B xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Janice
    Wow, these are cracking! Like Jacquie, I thought you had to use tissue paper and didn't realise copier paper could be used.
    Seems a shame you will only make £5 from them as they are super.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete