Followers

Translate

Tuesday, 2 February 2016

Happy Birthday......

 Morning all, hope the start of February is going ok for you. 

The title of this blog doesn't refer to anyone in particular......but it must be someones birthday today...or as the mad hatter would sing "a very merry un-birthday to you" LOL !!

This card i have made using 2 of my new dies. The first is the crafters companion - create a card- birthday flowers. I saw a sample of a card made using this die at Sandown, and I thought it would be perfect for making a quick card, or even batch card making, as the die is practically all you need for a card.

I inked through the die, with my blending inks from Creative expressions, and backed it onto layers (using Sue Wilson - noble dies)

The second die that I bought was this flower die. It's from Britannia dies and is called "Chr/ysanthamum". There are 4 sets to buy. The first is a set of 3 small flowers  @ 38/30/26 mm, the second is one die @ 44mm, the third is @ 50mm and the last one is @ 50mm. By using a combination of all dies you can create a fuller flower or a smaller flower - it depends on how many layers you have.

I think i will run off a few of the crafters companion die in different colours and use gilding wax, promarkers, glitter etc to get different effects. Watch this space...as they say.

Have a good day, and thanks for popping by. x

4 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Jan, lovely die and the flower and Noble squares look great, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jan I have looked at these dies but didn't know if I would use them enough to justify the cost as I have so many that don't see the light of day very often! Be interesting to see what you do as this card is very pretty. Best wishes Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, elegant card, Janice, I love it and your one a few days ago. That wasn't good ref Sandown show. I think they forget that folk travel a long way to get to these things! The cafe should have been open early so coffees could be bought! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Janice
    Now that's handy for speedy cards.
    I use one of the Britannia rose dies to do my fuchsias. They have some great floral displays on their stall.
    Look forward to seeing the rest.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete