Followers

Translate

Wednesday, 10 February 2016

He's Soooooo Cute !!!!!

 Morning all, a bit late with the blog this morning. I finished sewing this giraffe up last night, but felt really tired yesterday, so had an early night (even had to record "Happy Valley" as too tired to take in the story line!!).

Anyway, here is this cute giraffe. It's a pattern by Alan Dart and was featured in "Simply Knitting" back in Aug 2011. 

No reason for knitting him, only that i wanted too!!! Like the owl of a few weeks ago. When i took the owl in to show the other ladies in my craft group, one of the ladies bought him off me for her granddaughter who was at university, and she has trouble knitting nowadays due to painful fingers, so wouldn't have been able to knit him herself.
.
 Back to the giraffe, he was knitted in stripes and then using yellow wool i applied chain stitches across the pink bands to create squares.

I think if i ever knit him again, i would knit completely in yellow, then swiss darn random patches on him. He stands about 8 inches tall from the sitting position.
Looking at this photo, i think one of his nostrills is slightly in the wrong place, so i will recitfy later.

Have a good Wednesday, half way through the working week , and weekend approaching fast !!!! x

6 comments:

  1. He is quite a cutie Jan, lovely, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is so cute as you say, what a lovely pattern, best wishes Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Janice
    Mega cute. Your a talented gal with those needles!
    Best wishes.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my!!! he's SO adorable Janice… I really love the colour combo, and he has such a sweet face! :-)
    Big hugs, Sue B xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. He's lovely and I love the colours you chose I've not been visiting blogs as frequently as I'd like because I'm frantically knitting at the moment 7 babies on the horizon! One being my daughter's

    ReplyDelete