Followers

Translate

Friday, 26 February 2016

Mother's Day Card......


 Morning all, hope you are all well and happy on this Friday. (and everyday !!)

Here is the Mother's Day card that I've just completed for my mum.


 A combination of stitching and die cutting.I used water-colour pencils to shade around the word "Mum".  I stitched the piece first, then using a craft knife, have cut around the word mum. Then i was able to do a topper (LOTV) layered onto a circle using Tonic Pinhole circle die. This was then able to slide under the wording. I think it looks quite effective. Not too sure about the resin flower......is it the right colour???? what do you think.
 Using my fav Sue Wilson Noble die, i have layered up the card, with a combination of plain, patterned, and embossed card.
 I tried to do what "Cardsrus" Jenny does, by decorating inside the card too. I photocopied the patterned card that i had used on the front of the card twice, for each panel.
 I did another small stitched piece of a small flower, layered onto a circle (tonic die).
The sentiment is from Hunkydory (little books).

Really pleased with the overall effect. Might make a box to go with it, although, even with the layers, it's not too bulky.

My Son, Daniel, here for the weekend, as it's his birthday on 28th.


Have a good weekend, whatever you are doing.xx

6 comments:

  1. Good morning Jan, beautiful card your Mum will love it, so pretty and I like the inside. (I don't like the resin rise) It's my GDs birthday the 28th she will be 23. Enjoy the weekend'. Hazel c uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful design, love your colours too.xx {aNNie}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jan this is just stunning, she will adore it, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. How beautiful Jan. It may be the photo but the colouring of the resin rose doesn't seem to blend with the other pinks. No matter your mum will love it. Have a super family weekend best wishes Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. , Another gorgeous card, I also think that the resin flower is a bright, have you got a white paper one, I think that would look calmer. It is beautiful though, you Mum will love it xxx

    Missed you at the club today, hope you are ok, I ,will be there on Tuesday afterall, if things change I will ring you xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Janice
    Beautiful card for your Mum. The stitching marries superbly with the lovely topper.
    The resin rose looks a little fluorescent on my screen which is more vibrant than the other pinks you have used.
    Best wishes.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete