Followers

Translate

Sunday, 13 March 2016

A Labour of Love.......

 Morning all, the title of this blog says it all !!!!!
This book folding project has taken me weeks to do (off & on) as there were nearly 500 pages to mark, cut & fold.

It's for my parents anniversary at the end of the month, and although not a special celebration, it's something that could be on display all the time, as it's the date of their wedding.
 I've inked over the edges, so that the wording stands out more. Red is the colour scheme in their lounge, so combined with black makes a striking display.


Luckily for me, i had 2 glittery butterflies to match.
No decorations on the back of the book, as you wont see that when it's in their glass cabinet, but I've just covered with embossed cream card. Did the same on the spine too.

Enjoy your Sunday. xx

5 comments:

  1. What a lovely present Janice, I see your parents were married a year after me. Love the butterflies.
    Enjoy the day,
    Hazel c uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely present Jan. I'm sure they will appreciate all your hard work to make this keepsake. Have a good week best wishes Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks wonderful Jan, worth all the hard work, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's gorgeous Jan, they will love it xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jan,
    beautiful book folding and such a fab design too.
    Sorry I have not been around much lately couldn't find your blog in my lists of blogs somehow I must have forgotten to bookmark it.
    Put it down to a senior moment.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete