Followers

Translate

Thursday, 10 March 2016

Art Deco Birthday Card.....

 Morning all, hope you are all well & happy and looking forward to the weekend, which is approaching fast again !!!!

Today's card is done in my two fav things:- art deco & lilac (or shades of purple lol !!)

I just the art deco period. It's so original and so stylish, from the costumes, to the home furnishings, everything screams style.

The main topper is from a set from Hunkydory - and although it's actually a christmas set, some of the toppers, like this one, is suitable for any occassion.

I have embossed the background lilac card using a Sue Wilson embossing folder. The black diamonds are a Tonic die.
 I cut the "happy birthday" out twice in black & silver mirri and offset them so that the black gives a bit of shadow. I then stuck it onto some lilac card and cut around the outline, because the black die behind overlaps at the points and was too busy behind the wording to see it properly.
 I have used a quickie glue pen and some fine glitter to highlight areas of the topper:- her hat, necklace, front of her dress & bottom edge of her dress.
I finished off with a small black gem in each corner.

This will be for a friends birthday in April. I try and do my cards a month in advance, so that there's not a mad panic to make them. Just worked out i have got to make 10 cards for April....a busy month. Do you have a busy month too?

Thanks for stopping by and leaving comments, It's nice to know that I'm not talking to myself (again) lol !!! x

4 comments:

  1. Good morning Jan what a charming card. The leisurely pose is not something I can copy though it is a lovely topper so I'm sure your friend will be delighted with it. Best wishes Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the style of card my daughter would like it is unusual. I to love the purple shades, my DD brought me some soft lilac tulips fir Mother's Day and I am hoping to create a card using the colour of the flowers and leaves for like you I have lots of birthdays in April.
    Enjoy the day it's a bit dismal here at the moment.
    Hazel c uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Janice
    Very classy and elegant.
    I'm sure I've got some Art Dec papers lurking somewhere in my stash.
    Best wishes.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete